Roasting lamb may seem intimidating, but it really is as easy as roasting a chicken.
That’s why we’ve collected our best Maunders Food Shop tips, as well as some recommendations from delish.com, to help you cook the best lamb at home:
Cooking Instructions For Lamb
- Purchase a 2-lb boneless lamb shoulder roast, tied with butcher’s twine, from Maunders Food Shop.
- Preheat your oven to 450º and place the oven rack in the lower third of the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, rosemary, thyme, and 1 tablespoon oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Rub your seasoning all over the lamb.
- In a 9″-x-13″ baking dish, toss potatoes with remaining oil and season with more salt and pepper.
- Place lamb on top of potatoes and roast until internal temperature reaches 145º, about 1 hour.
- Let rest 15 minutes, remove twine, then slice roast and serve.
“This. Was. Incredible. I have never made lamb before so I was soooo nervous but it turned out absolutely perfect. I’ve made plenty of beef and venison roasts and this turned out more tender, juicy and flavorful than any roast I’ve ever made! The flavor was perfect and the potatoes were delicious as well! My lamb was bone-in but I followed the instructions and just monitored the temperature. 10/10 recommend this recipe!” – GoldPlanet
Tips To Remember When Roasting Lamb
- Lamb has a great tenderness and moistness if served medium-rare.
- If you overcook it, it will dry out.
- If you use a bone-in roast, make sure your meat thermometer isn’t touching a bone when you check the temperature — it may give you a higher reading.
- Feel free to use more rosemary and minced garlic for a more intense flavour.
Ordering Lamb From Maunders
At Maunders, our lamb is ready to be purchased, cooked, and devoured!
Visit us in-store to order our Rack of Lamb, Leg of Lamb, or our delicious marinated boneless Leg of Lamb, which is succulent whether prepared in the oven or on the BBQ.
Should you wish to include the crown with your Rack of Lamb, simply let us know.
Should you prefer your Leg of Lamb boneless, we can help with that too.
Catered Prix Fixe Easter Menu From Maunders Food Shop
Looking for catered Lamb for Easter?
Our Maunders Food Shop PRIX FIXE MENU for Easter is just $30 per person and includes your choice of soup (Asparagus, Potato Leek, or Roasted Butternut Squash) and an Easter salad of microgreens, snap peas, radish, and a lemon vinaigrette to start.
You’ll then choose from three main dishes; Braised Lamb Shank with Spring Vegetables and Stuffing, Turkey with Stuffing, Gravy and Cranberry sauce, or Baked Ham with Sweet Onion Mustard sauce.
Choose three delicious sides from; Roasted Red Potatoes, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Scalloped Potatoes, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Wild Rice Pilaf,
Heirloom Glazed Carrots, Roasted Root Vegetables, Green Beans Almondine, Medley of Seasonal Vegetables, Turkey Gravy, or Cranberry Sauce/Cranberry Relish.
To complete your meal, enjoy our fun and festive Easter Egg Mini Cheesecake! Please see our Easter Features for 2021 for full details and pricing.